Dill is perennial herb, I have always found growing Dill from seed easiest. Dill grows upto 3 feet high in plant and have a round flower which attract many beneficial insects. To grow dill from seed, I use my own saved seeds.
Dill will grow best is well drained soil. Select a spot where it gets 4-5 five hours of sun light.
Grow Dill from Seed
1. Tile soil at spot you have selected.
2. Sow seeds at least 4 inches apart as you want your Dill plant fighting for space after it grows. I just throw clutter of seeds and thin out when seedling emerge leaving only healthy seedlings.
3. Mulching will protect plant and soil from losing moisture in case its too hot. I used homemade organic manure for mulching.
4. In case to strong winds blow at your place give adequate support to your Dill plant. I had lost few of my Dill plants to strong winds.
5. Leave your flower to dry they will give you enough seeds for next season.
Dill leaves can either be used as fresh leaves or in dried form. I personally find dried leaves more fragrant, but it completely an individual choice.
Progress Dill Seedling after 20 Days of Sowing seed