You be connected to internet and will be able to surf now.
Hotspot is a feature of android phone which allows you share you internet connection of mobile with another device. Since you are using your mobile internet for this, keep a check on your Data usage.
Enabling hotspot on your mobile
- Go Settings option in your menu.[adsenseyu2]
- Touch on More settings this should be under Wireless and Networks options.
- In more settings tap on Tethering and portable hot spot. Tap on portable Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Tap on configure you will be presented with security settings.
- Under network SSID provide name for your Hotspot.
- In security select WPA2 PSK.
- In password give password for your hotspot.
Tap on Save to save your settings. Flick Portable Wi-Fi switch on top of menu to on position.
Connecting your device to mobile
- Go to your Laptop. Check for available Wi-Fi hotspots you will find your hotspot and connect to it. Enter your Network security key ( password set on mobile) .