Windows 7 PC can be used as FTP server (refer to Microsoft website for details of editions of Windows 7 which has ftp capabilities installed).
Configuration procedure to setup FTP server on Windows 7
- First go to control panel -> programs and features. Click on Turn Windows feature on or off.
- In next Windows select Internet Information Services along with ftp options as shown in below image.
- Now go to Control Panel-> System and Security -> Administrative tools-> Internet Information Services Manager.
- Now right click on Sites and select Add Ftp Site…
- The Add Ftp Site wizard will open up Give FTP site name ( test in our case) and directory you want to share by FTP. Click on Next
- Now provide IP address of your server and select allow SSL. Click on next.
- Next windows will ask for user permission. Select basic Authentication. In order to allow specific user provide access to required user (should be a local user of your computer). Provide necessary read /Write permission. And click on finish
- Your ftp server should be running.You can test your ftp server by typing in address bar of web browser ftp://ip_address _of_your_server. It will ask for user name and password, provide the same.