Rawa idli is a famous South Indian dish, fast and easy to cook
1 cup Suji ( Semolina )1 cup curd
1/2 tsp fruit salt
1 cup mixed finely chopped vegetables carrot , green peas and French beans
1 tbsp ginger minced
1 tbsp mustard
1 tbsp chana dal
2 sprigs curry leaves
ghee/oil for tempering
salt to taste
- Take 2-3 tbsp ghee , when hot put mustard, when it splutters, put chana dal and curry leaves.
- Add Suji to this mixture and roast suji lightly. Let this mixture cool off.
- To cooled suji mixture add curd and mix well. Keep this mixture for 2-3 minutes as Suji absorbs moisture.
- Now add little water to this mixture and bring it to a batter like consistency. Add mixed vegetables , minced ginger , salt and mix again.
- Pour this batter into greased idli plates and steam it for 10-15 minutes.
Hot Idlis are ready for serving.