Create Ad hoc wifi Network in Windows 7 – sharing files between two wifi computers
Sharing file between two computer using wifi use ad hoc networking feature of Windows 7. By creating an Ad hoc wifi network you can create a network without any router.
Steps – create Ad hoc wifi Network
1. To create Ad hoc wifi Network Click on Windows logo and type in search box “Adhoc” and adhoc network option will appear. Click on it.
3. In this windows provide Name of network and security options. We have chosen test as network name which is an open network
4. Now test is ready as a network and we require to configure IP address of our PC’s.
5. Open control panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center. Click on change adapter setting.
6. Network devices will appear. Right click on Wireless network Connection. Click on properties.
7. Click on Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on properties.
8. Type IP address as 10.1.1.1 and Subnet mask as 255.255.255.0. Also provide default gateway as 10.1.1.2, Save by clicking on Okay.
9. Now on second computer configure IP adress as above except for here IP address will be 10.1.1.2 and Gateway will be 10.1.1.1, Subnet mask will remain as it is.
10. Now connect to test wifi network and both computers are connected. Just enable sharing and you can exchange files between two computer just like normal network.