To install network printer Windows 7 we need a printer already connected to Network. This need to be configured separately. Here we are configuring a network Printer to connect to Windows 7 PC .
Required to install network printer on Windows 7 PC
1. Driver of Printer ( A Driver CD is supplied with Printer by manufacturer or can be downloaded from manufacturer Website)
2. A Network Printer connected to network and configured
1. To Install Network Printer Windows 7 first we will need to find IP address of Printer. For this press the Menu button on the printer, go to the Information option and select Print Configuration.
On printed configuration you will find TCP/IP section where your IP address will be mentioned. It will be required later.
2. Now on computer on which you want to install. Click Start, Device and Printers.
3. Click on “Add a Printer”. The Add Printer Wizard Welcome screen appears. Click Next
4. Option Local or Network Printer comes up.
5. Next screen asks to select the printer port. Select Create new port -> TCP/IP Port option.
As the printer is a network printer with a IP address, we need to create a new port.
6. Type a printer hostname or IP address screen appears. In Printer Name or IP Address box, enter the IP address as in the printer configuration sheet printed earlier.
There should be NO checkmark next to “Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use”. Click Next.
7. Now continue with Add Printer wizard. Choose the printer from the list of manufacturers or click Have Disk.
You require to have printer driver cd in the computer. Click Next
8. Enter the name for printer. Click Next
9. Print Test Page now to check working of printer.
Click Finish. This completes procedure Install Network Printer Windows 7.