Tomatoes (quartered) 1 Kg
Carrot (Chopped) 1/4 cup
Onion, chopped 1 medium
Garlic, minced 2 cloves
Ginger 1 Tsp
butter 1 Tbsp
sugar 1 Tbsp
basil 1 Tbsp
Salt and black pepper to taste
cream 1/2 cup
1. Heat butter in a large, heavy pan on medium heat.
2. Add onion and garlic. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add carrots. Cook another 5 minutes or until vegetables soften.
4. Add tomatoes, sugar and basil. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Transfer to a blender and puree. Stir in cream. Cream reduces sourness from tomatoes.
Note: Basil quantity can be increased or reduced as per taste
Serve garnished with croutons.